Timelines is DISCO Case Builder’s cloud-based timeline (chronology) module, which allows case teams to collaboratively create and modify their timelines as they build their narrative from the beginning of a case until trial. You can learn more in Getting started with Timelines.
Some key features of Timelines:
- Users can quickly create facts (or allegations) on the timeline, and then amend all pertinent details via inline editing
- Single dates, times, approximate dates, ranges, and undated facts are permitted, which are all both searchable and sortable
- Evidence supporting (or rebutting) facts can be added to the timeline, allowing users to jump directly to that evidence via hyperlinks and filter for facts based on evidence
- Statuses and user-created tags can be appended to any facts
- Users can identify relevant witnesses to each fact, and view witness profiles on the timeline
- Facts can be searched by key words, phrases, any fields, with robust filtering also available.
- Teams can communicate with notes or comments on each fact
- A “minimap” assists in quick navigation to dates and provides an overview of the timeline at a glance
- Users can drag and drop columns to customize their timeline view
- Timelines can be exported for offline use