Cecilia Timelines empowers users to quickly get started with Timelines by uploading a complaint or other work product. Using generative AI, facts are extracted from the uploaded document and then added to the timeline, reducing the time and effort required to manually generate a timeline today.
- To start, find the matter that a timeline will be generated for.
- Click on "Case Builder" to access the case that requires a timeline.
- The page will navigate to "Get started with a timeline."
Uploading a Document
- From the "Get started with a timeline" page, users are presented with three options.
- Drag and drop the complaint into the box
- Browse documents to upload
- Or, create a timeline manually through DISCO Case Builder
- Once a document is selected, the filename will appear and will be ready to generate a timeline once the green checkmark appears.
- If an incorrect document is selected, there is a trash button to allow the selection of a new document
- Cecilia Timelines supports PDFs up to 25MBs in size
- Finally, press the "Generate timeline" button to start the process of auto-magically generating a timeline for the case.
- Once the generation process starts, Cecilia Timelines will have a timeline prepared in an average of five minutes.
- In the top right corner of the screen, there is an activity button which will track the progress.
- At this stage, Cecilia Timelines will work on creating a timeline automatically while users can focus on other tasks.
- If for any reason it is desired, there is a cancel button that will halt the generation process at the bottom center of the page.
Interacting with the Timeline
- Once the timeline is generated, the loading screen will change into the Case Builder timeline view.
- The legal team on the matter is now able to interact with the timeline as normal within the Case Builder app.
Verifying and Investigating the Facts
- While assessing the facts generated with Cecilia Timelines, the legal team on the matter can verify the facts by checking the source.
- By pressing the pdf link at the bottom of every fact, a document viewer will appear on the right hand side of the screen.
- The source of the fact will be highlighted in the viewer, enabling legal professionals to verify and investigate the facts on the source document.
- Lastly, the document viewer provides the option of leaving feedback. If there are any recommendations, observations, or grievances, team members can leave feedback by clicking the link. A text box will appear for feedback to be provided to the DISCO team.
Generating Additional Facts
- If there are more facts that need to be added from another source, there is the ability to have Cecilia Timelines generate additional facts on the current timeline.
- By clicking the Cecilia Timelines button (icon with two stars) in the top right corner, a box will appear to allow the legal team to upload additional documents.
- The process utilizing this workflow is identical to the workflow when starting a new timeline. The only difference is that Cecilia will add the additional facts to the current timeline.